Matthew's Greasemonkey Userscripts
Greasemonkey is a Firefox extension that allows you to add custom behavvior and modifications to web sites.
New website features
Some websites are missing features. These add them.
- Google Maps: Add Waypoint
- Allows addition of more "waypoints". See my blog entry about this script.
- del.icio.us sort
- Sort del.icio.us pages by number of users posting a link (inspired by a standalone extension that did the same thing) and add an "unsort" and "sort" button to the top of the page
A lot of websites have useless or low-utility navigation stuff taking up valuable screen space. I have a few scripts that remove or move stuff around to address this.
- CNN reorganizer
- Moves the "story" to the top of the page
- Remove the CNN navbar
- Just ditch the navar entirely
- Weather underground reorganizer
- Moves the weather information to the top of the page
For most ad removal, I recommend Adblock, but sometimes ads aren't images, flash, or iframes.
- Yahoo Groups Interstitial Ad Skipper
- Automatically move on to the message from a YG interstitial ad
- Slashdot recolor
- Slashdot uses ugly colors on some pages. Fix it.